Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On the way to CAIRNS


Well its the day of the big Grand Final, carn the pies. Once again I am in a singlet and shorts. We have passed through a few towns today. In Townsville there was a big army campus set up. In the army the people are from all around Australia. Well we are on the coast now and the land has changed from dry plains and wheat farms to tropical forest and sugar cane and banana fields. It is awfully humid. The first sight of water was at cardwell.




Cardwell is a beautiful little town right on the water. On the way out we saw a man on a quadbike with a gun and a dead wild pig he'd shot on the back of the bike. We went to the AFL cairns ground and watched the Grand Final at the cazalys club. Josh and I went and had a kick on probably as they say the best surface in Australia. Economically it would of cost heaps to make. Socially at the cazalys there was lots of groups who had came up to watch the granny. Culturally Cairns is another Aboriginal town. I was extremely shattered with the result of the end scores, so I went back to the 5 star caravan park and went in the pool with Ebony.

No comments:

Post a Comment